Mobile Notary Services
What is a Notary Public?
A notary public is someone who has been appointed by the state to authenticate legal documents and verify the identity of the document’s signer(s). Notaries can be individuals such as lawyers or government officials.
Notarization (the process of getting your document signed by a notary public) helps prevent fraud by ensuring individuals authenticate their documents before they can be used. It can also help confirm that the signer intended to sign the document and wasn’t pressured into doing so (e.g. through undue influence, coercion or duress, etc.), similar to signing your document in front of a witness.
For instance, as a Notary Public DC, when signing a Prenuptial Agreement, it is very important that the signers signed out of their own free will, understood what they were signing was a contract, and signed with their correct legal names. Signing a prenuptial with a notary public can help prevent avoidable issues and assist in proving all the right steps were taken in the event that the document’s validity is questioned in the future.
A Notary public can also do a number of other tasks, such as:
• Witness signatures
• Certify copies of legal documents
• Administer oaths or affirmations to individuals (to verify the contents of documents are true)
For example, an Affidavit is a statement of facts provided under oath. It is generally used to verify something a person knows is true (like their identity) but in order to make this assertion, it needs to be sworn in front of a notary public (or someone else authorized to administer oaths).
In other words, without completing the crucial step of swearing your document in front of a notary, an Affidavit is just a bunch of text on a page that cannot be used in a court or by another entity.
Notarizing Your Legal Documents
A notary public is needed in law as they help ensure your document is valid. Many legal documents require notarization during execution; however, even when notarization is not required, it is a recommended way to help prevent avoidable issues like fraud, duress, and more.
Commonly Notarized Documents
• Estate Planning - Trusts, Power of Attorney, Health Care Directives
• Wealth Management / Private Banking / Financial / Insurance
• Real Estate Documents
Loans - Refinances, Purchases, Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC), Ship Mortgages
• Construction - Waivers, Claims, Releases upon Payment
• Deeds - Quitclaim Deed, Grant Deed, Deed of Trust & others
• Powers of Attorney & Certified Copies of Powers of Attorney
• Adoption - medical, employer verification, background, etc.
• Divorce / Settlement Agreements / Pre-Nuptial Agreements
• Permission to Travel; Passport Applications for Minors
• Wills (Only if prepared by an Attorney)
• And more as needed!
Benefits of Using a Mobile Notary Public for Real Estate/Benefits of Using Mobile Notary Services
When documents need to be notarized quickly or at a specific location, using mobile notary signing services is a must. Mobile notary signing agents offer a number of benefits in both personal and business settings:
• Real estate transactions: Being able to close at any location is a huge benefit for real estate agents. Mobile notaries can provide the notary signing services necessary to close at the agent's or client's location of choice, whether it be at a local coffee shop or at the home being closed. As a Traveling Notary Public DC, we can travel to you in Washington DC Maryland and Virginia.
• Title and escrow transactions: Time is often of the essence when title and escrow transactions are taking place, and mobile signing makes it easier for title and escrow companies to have legal documents notarized on short notice.
• Mortgage and lending transactions: In fast-paced financial industries, a transaction which takes place several hours late can mean the difference between $1000s in interest rates or funding. Fast notarization of legal documents ensures lending transactions happen on time or ahead of schedule.
Clear Choice Systems, Inc.
A Mobile Service
We Come to You!